Your Leading Communication Style Is…
You knew you rule, now it’s official! Your SpeakStrong Communication Style Quiz indicates that your leading style is…drum roll please…
Achiever:Task-Oriented with a Swift Pace
Part 1 of The SpeakStrong Method helps you express your true self effectively by deepening your experience of your natures. According to this quiz, your leading nature is Achiever. That doesn’t mean you always embody the traits listed below. It does mean these qualities influence you strongly.
Later in the training we look at other styles and how their qualities influence who you are and how you communicate. But now it’s time to…
Meet Your Achiever Self
The Achiever in You is highly focused on direct action for results.
The Achiever wants what he/she wants and he/she wants it NOW, with little patience for excuses or social nicety.
Getting things done is key to this style. In order to accomplish goals effectively, eliminating waste is essential.
The Language of The Achiever in You
The Achiever in You uses verbs, the language of action.
The Achiever likes action steps, imperatives and directives that move toward a clearly stated goal.
Favored phrases are “Make it happen” and “What’s the bottom line?” “Success” and “Win” are preferred as well.
Unless listeners completely lack motivation, Achiever words get them going.
Strengths and Balances for The Achiever in You
There’s a lot to respect about The Achiever in You. You couldn’t ask for a more effective friend and team member.
The Achiever in You makes sure things get done. Review Achiever strengths on the left.
Of course there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. The center column has possible pitfalls of the style.
But keep moving forward – the right column has mottos and reminders to inspire balance.
Think globally as you work locally
A Personal, Confessional Illustration
- In creating this landing page, The Achiever in Me wanted immediate completion. I reminded myself to “slow down to speed up.”
- The Achiever in Me drove me to keep writing past the point of inspiration – when the inspiration of my spirit waned into the pressure of will. I remembered “an ounce of inspiration is worth a pound of willpower” and went dancing instead.
- This section was the hardest for me, because I realized how I’ve felt the tyranny of The Achiever in Me for most of my life. And yet I have trouble completing things! My Inner Achiever and I still have some collaborating to do.
I am balancing The Achiever in Me not just to create a more effective landing page. I also balance The Achiever in Me to create a more balanced and joyful life where completions come without pressure.
If this style-typing process has half the impact on others that it has had on me, it will be well worth every bit of effort and bump.
How does this report motivate you? If you are a high Achiever, you may have seen yourself throughout it. (If you’re like me, it might have stirred you up a bit.) If your inner Achiever is tempered by other styles, you probably recognized yourself in aspects, but didn’t conclude I was talking about you.
In part 1 of The SpeakStrong Method eCourse, you can see just how high or moderate your inner Achiever is.
Next Step: The SpeakStrong Method,
Express Yourself Effectively eCourse
Part 1: Know Thyself: Self Knowledge for Effective Self Expression
The fourteen day eCourse: The SpeakStrong Method Part 1:
- Walks you through the Know Thyself competency of The SpeakStrong Method.
- Gives Self Knowledge for Effective Self Expression.
- Builds a foundation for saying what you mean through style archetyping and self-knowledge.
If taking it is as transformational as preparing it has been, it will turn your world around – in a good way!
- A SpeakStrong Method guide
- An eCourse lesson each day for fourteen days
- Action steps you can take as you go about your day
- Printable SpeakStrong Style Quiz with graph and coding instructions
- In-depth elucidation of the four main styles
- Communication examples in the native voice of each style
- Cartoons for each style
- Ways to customize style-typing to your unique nature
- Personal email support
- Certificate of completion
Lesson 1: Excellence Through Wholeness: The Method
Lesson 2: Youer than You: Explore Your Full Spectrum and Meet Your Inner Archetypes
Lesson 3: Soar with the Expansiveness of Spirit: The Visionary in You
Lesson 4: Relate with the Connectedness of Soul: The Harmonizer in You
Lesson 5: Perceive with the Clarity of Mind: The Analyzer in You
Lesson 6: Succeed with the Power of Will: The Achiever in You
Lesson 7: Optimize the Visionary in You: Build on Strengths and Balance Weaknesses
Lesson 8: Optimize the Harmonizer in You: Build on Strengths and Balance Weaknesses
Lesson 9: Optimize the Analyzer in You: Build on Strengths and Balance Weaknesses
Lesson 10: Optimize the Achiever in You: Build on Strengths and Balance Weaknesses
Lesson 11: Uniquely You: Creative Archetyping
Lesson 12: Every Voice at the Table: A Foundation of Inner Wholeness
Lesson 13: Moving Forward: Summary, Action Steps and The SpeakStrong Book
Lesson 14: Closing Quiz: Assess and Certify