- One-on-one leadership development
- Communication retreats by request
All my programs are available onsite and over the internet. Fees are here.
Relationship by Agreement: Communication Commitments that Overcome Barriers to Effective Communication
Communication standards and commitments exponentially increase productivity. Conversations about conversations build a foundation for dynamic interaction that allows for the free flow of ideas. This communication workplace training helps you:
- Discover barriers to effective communication
- Dissolve communication barriers
- Create a shared vision of what highly effective communication means
- Collaborate agreements that get the communication flow going
- Implement agreements to keep the communication flow of effective communication going
Whether this program is applied departmentally or results in new corporate communication standards, the outcome is improved internal office communication, greater synergy, collaboration and productivity.
Beyond Gossip, Manipulation and Negativity. How to Create a Culture of Effective Character-Based Communication
Every group has its own communication culture. In some, gossip, manipulation and negativity are rampant. Small-minded concerns block the flow of effective communication, and negativity stifles creativity. This session brings negative and costly communication patterns into awareness, uncovers the root cause of those patterns, and introduces Character-based Communication.
What does it mean to be a Character-based Communicator? Why are Character-based Communicators so effective? How can you and your organization develop the qualities of Character-based Communication? These communication training classes tell you how.
- Defines Character-based Communication
- Differentiates between superficial expressions of ego-based communication and significant expressions of character-based communication
- Applies the principles at the HEART of this dynamic style of communication to the very practical level of day-to-day interaction
No matter what industry you are in, your ability to get beyond gossip, manipulation and negativity, and to communicate based on character, is essential to smooth functioning and powerful results.
Herding Cats, Waking the Dead and Other Leadership Challenges: How Dynamic Leaders Communicate to Get Things Done
Dynamic leadership empowers others to operate at their highest leadership level. Sometimes that can seem like herding cats. Your team can be full of creativity, but severely lacking in alignment. Other times that can seem like waking the dead. Your team is dialing it in, and hasn’t found their creative potential.
This session explains the Dynamic Leadership model, and how Dynamic Leaders get things done. It challenges leadership to develop Character-based Communication agreements and to implement a system of communication to ensure that you and your team are aligned and empowered. Topics:
- What it means to be a Dynamic Leader and transformational communicator
- The qualities of Character-based Communication
- How to establish communication agreements to create a dynamic communication environment
- How to use PowerPhrases to say what you mean and mean what you say without being mean when you say it
You’ll walk out of this session with a practical plan to transform your communication, empower others, and get things done.
How To Create a Totally Integrated Performance System (Tips)
It’s costly to underestimate the importance of performance management in business. The SpeakSTRONG Totally Integrated Performance System (TIPS) integrates the five main aspects of performance management into a seamless whole. First we ask: why is employee performance management important? We look at performance management methods. We then connect the performance management stages. This program shows you how to integrate:
- Job descriptions
- Performance tracking and
- Performance reviews
to manage seamlessly. It not only tells you what you need to know, but gives you sample performance management appraisal forms, formulas and phrases to make a Totally Integrated Performance System a reality. Get the tools to tie every aspect of your performance management together.
The SpeakSTRONG Method of Effective Management Communication
The SpeakSTRONG Method of Effective Management Communication starts at the beginning with the first day on the job. It walks your management team through the management process with specific attention to communication. What does an effective manager say on the first day on the job? What does an effective manager say when coaching, running meetings, holding employees accountable and even when using electronic communications.
It’s a great primer for a first-time manager, but also a deepening for seasoned pro’s. We don’t just look at what a successful manager does – we look at the actual words that get results in every aspect of management.
How to Develop Dynamic Leaders at Every Organizational Level
This communications leadership development program focuses on leadership development and creativity. Based on a dynamic leadership model, it guides leaders to develop other leaders at every level of the organization. It helps trainers, managers and leaders tap into the creative potential of employees regardless of title.
It differentiates between leadership and management, solving the age-old confusion about the two functions. It highlights the qualities necessary for dynamic leadership, and concretely demonstrates how to draw out those qualities.
How to Communicate at the Next Leadership Level
There’s a saying that if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it probably is a duck. If you walk like a Dynamic Leader and talk like a Dynamic Leader, people regard you as a Dynamic Leader. And if you don’t, they won’t. You may have evolved your professionalism into a leadership level, but if your language contains any old-overs, you will not have the respect or the effectiveness to influence like a leader.
This communications leadership development program:
- Clarifies what it means to be a dynamic leader
- Eradicates victim language and
- Develops Character-based Communication habits
to clearly reflect empowered leadership.
The SpeakSTRONG Method for the Office Professional: How to Get Respect, Recognition and Results In Today’s Workplace
Office professionals are increasingly doing more with less. They are being asked to step up and both lead and manage in ways they never had to before.
This program is directed specifically to the office professional. It empowers admins and office pro’s to:
- Be regarded as the professionals that you are
- Establish communication agreements to keep the flow of communication
- Get technical, office and general help
- Give advice
- Speak on your manager’s behalf
- Manage multiple managers
- Plan your career path
- Make every day admin assistance day
Get the respect, recognition and results you deserve. The SpeakSTRONG Method for the office professional will give you the approach and the tools to make that happen.
Current Trends in Business Communication and the New Communication Dynamics
Women, gen Y, social media and globalization are transforming the way we relate, influence and succeed. These shifting workplace dynamics are changing how we communicate. Power and authority are giving way to influence and expertise. Command and control is giving way to collaboration and shared influence. This program teaches five new dynamics of communication that will increase your influence in the new world of work.
It’s not your father’s workplace anymore. Let this program update your communication skills and take your communication to the next level.
- $4500 1-1 ½ hour
- $5500 half day
- $6500 whole day
- Half price in Colorado
- $500 75 minutes for standard program tailored to your industry
- $250 for pre-program assessments and post webinar recommendations
- Customized programs by request
- Say Something Significant: Character-based Communication Goes to Work for You: Free
- Six SpeakSTRONG Steps to the HEART of Effective Communication: Free
- Brand-Aid: How to Clarify and Communicate Your Uniqueness
Advanced Public Webinars to be announced.